ogri

Thursday, April 21, 2005

10 Years On

Today while driving I happened to find in the depths of the glove box an old unlabelled cassette tape, and out of curiosity when I arrived home played the tape to find out what it contained. To my great joy it was a copy of an album that I had not listened to for a long time but one which remains an all time favorite. The album, "Blueprint" by Rory Gallagher.

Rory was born in 1948 in County Donegal in Ireland and first came to my notice in 1968 while playing in a band called "Taste". A self taught guitarist, Rory had a unique style and a haunting gravelly tone to his vocals.

In 1971 Rory formed his own band and toured extensively, He was greatly respected by his peers and worked with many famous names including The Rolling Stones and Jerry Lee Lewis.
In 1995 during a European tour Rory was taken ill and passed away after a short illness.

The world lost a special talent and I would recommend his work to anyone who likes good blues music.

2 Comments:

At 3:46 am, Blogger AGFH said...

Adding Rory to my list of "must downloads".

Started reading Blue Belle by Andrew Vachss yesterday. So far it seems quite good :)

 
At 1:08 pm, Blogger Drunken Wench Rambler said...

started to read your site including your archives: phew there's a lot there!!! just wanted to say thanks for the link and the comment on my site. always a pleasure to read people's comments. Glad to hear that your family issues are resolved now.

Keep smilin'!!

DWR

 

Post a Comment

<< Home