ogri

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

More haste ,Less speed.

I have always been an impatient person, and I think that this is one of my worst attributes,as anyone can tell by the number of typing mistakes seen here. Last night , after watching the last part of the latest Most Haunted Live, a T.V.programme to which I am completely addicted, I decided to split and post a movie to one of my favorite forums,a new trick for me but you can't lurk forever, it's rude and ungrateful to the others that post.
I opened HJsplit and inputted the file and gave it the go ahead, and lo and behold produced 104 split files! Each of 1.2 k. That will teach me to read the instructions before jumping in with both feet. 20 mins of deleting files later and I'm ready for try 2. This time I screwed myself by forgetting that Rapidshare will only accept a maximum file size of 30000 kb. So delete the files and try again go success! So If you decide to post movies try not to copy my cockups and use these few tips.

#1 create a temporary folder to work from, this will make deleting the files much easier when you are done.Just delete the whole folder( after moving the original file back to it's permanent location)
#2 set the split file size to a maximum of 28 mb. The largest that Rapidshare will accept.
#3 Read the instructions before starting and this way you won't end up being a dork like me.

Finally don't be afraid to ask for help, at your forums there are like minded folks who will help, not everyone in cyberspace is looking to rip you off, there are some genuine people out there.

Changing the subject, I am an insomniac, I have always been a "night owl" but of late I find it increasingly hard to sleep, and the strangest thoughts seem to pop into my head in the wee small hours,which have no connection to the things I have done during the day.
I spend an inordinate amount of time after midnight sitting at my computer and browsing sites that would normally hold no interest, but sometimes you luck out and find a real gem.I suppose that is the real pleasure of the internet.

Happy surfing, Ogri

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home