ogri

Thursday, March 03, 2005

mad cats

Some thoughts on my mad cats, D is 12 a year old tabby and possibly the laziest animal on the planet she sleeps for 18 hours a day and then naps for a further 6 but wherever she is take some ham from the refirigerator and she seems to instantly appear ready to fight the world for some. the same applies to cheese & onion flavour crisps.
T is a 10 yr old tortoiseshell and like most of her ilk has a total personality she "speaks" to me in a language that I cannot understand and gets frustrated whenI dont reply. even at this age she still spends a lot of time chasing her tail and then crying when it hurts when she bites it! they fight like lunatics most of the time, laying ambushes for each other but if they are separated they fret and pine. for all this they enrich my life and I could not see a time when a cat will not be a treasured companion, for the doubters who say that a cat does not return affection as a dog does I cannot aggree I have shared my life with these creatures for about 45 years now and have always found that you get back what you give, they seem to have the ability to sense your emotions and react to them.
I have owned a number of dogs and would consider a dog in the future but as the anicent egyptians said "where there is a cat , There is Home"
.

1 Comments:

At 9:27 pm, Blogger AGFH said...

Hi ogri!
Great start to your blog.
Good to see that you are a cat person too.
I am adding you to my link list now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home