ogri

Thursday, March 24, 2005

Inked Up.

In my profile I have listed Tattoos as one of my interests, from this you might think that as an ex-biker I am covered from head to toe in artwork. Well sorry to burst your bubble but I only have two and they are both placed where they cannot be seen when I'm dressed for the street.The reason for this was that I used to work in an industry where appearance was a priority and my employer took a dim view of tattoos,so mine had to be hidden However I am very interested in the history of this artform, which it is believed goes back to ancient Egypt and fascinated by the different things which people will do to "customise " their bodies.Today we see tattooing , Piercing, and all manner of body modifcation on the street every day. and many of the younger folks seem to delight in it.certainly a particular young lady that I saw recently while shopping may have trouble with metal detectors at airports , she had about 50 piercings that were visible and recently onT.V. there was an asian lady who has over 600!

Well that's today's offering, I wish You All, A Happy Easter

2 Comments:

At 6:56 pm, Blogger AGFH said...

I love tattoos.....in moderation.
I have one on my chest below my neck. A 6" water dragon. His head is just below my collar bone and his tail ends at my cleavage. I am able to show or cover it up depending on my mood and where I will be going.
Now my little sister on the other hand has at least 7 tattoos and about 15 piercings.
I have NO piercings, not even my ears.

 
At 8:58 pm, Blogger Maverick said...

I wonder if I would be considered an ex-biker, seeing as how I had two motorcycle - but really only in the span of two years, so I'm sure I wouldn't compare.

I also consider tattoos an art-form, and am interested in that aspect of them. I only somewhat consider them body decoration. I firmly believe, though, that it's my body, if I choose to decorate it.

Down with The Man who can't appreciate a sweet tattoo or piercing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home