ogri

Sunday, March 27, 2005

IDon't Believe It

I like to read biographies,the lives and experiences of people can be both interesting and inspiring, but something I heard yesterday on a T.V. programme absolutely amazed me. A 19 year old member of a manufactured "Boy Band" has just had his autobiography published. Now am I being cynical or perhaps just a little sarcastic but I'm not sure if I really want to read about how he got potty trained and what type of sandwich his mum put in his lunch box. This is the kind of exploitation that makes me mad, Teenage girls will spend their money on this book, and will gain absolutely nothing from it.I regard this in the same light as Mc******s and B****r K**g putting toys into their fast food in order to tempt small children to pester their parents into taking them into their establishment. It is about time that the Government got off their butts and did something about this, we are constantly told that child obesity is becoming a problem and parents should teach their kids to eat well, but allow this sort of exploitation.

Victor Meldrew, eat your heart out. Ogri

1 Comments:

At 8:54 pm, Blogger Maverick said...

Parents need to learn how to say "No" and mean it. However, I am becoming more and more convinced that the parents are just as spoiled as the kids are. Some people have too much, and are accustomed to that, so that they are only satisfied in chasing more.

I also love biographies. Right now, I'm reading some stuff by Elizabeth Wurtzel - I guess semi-autobiographical, but I don't know enough to say for certain. I think I might be interested to hear what the guy from the boy band has to say, although I'm sure it's mostly bullshit anyway - so don't tell me his name, or I might be tempted to look it up.

Spitting in a Wishing Well

 

Post a Comment

<< Home